- I, like many, love to travel and explore. It’s when I’m my happiest, discovering new things.
- As designer, I am motivated by creating unique and beautiful things that help to do good in the world. I’m driven to spend my time on projects that are meaningful and useful.
- Other creative outlets for me are landscape photography and making ice cream.
- I love to wander and take photographs, both in the city and in nature. I find it meditative and exciting to capture these images & have them to look back on later.
- In New Orleans, the temperature is right for ice cream most of the year & I like to make up new flavors such as creole tomato with praline bacon and basil (BLT). One of my dreams is to own a little ice cream shop one day.
Tippy Tippens is the Founder and Chief Eternal Optimist of Goods that Matter. She is a social entrepreneur, designer, and educator who is passionate about helping to build sustainable growth, making the objects that we live with us work for us instead of against us, and ultimately wishing to contribute to greater happiness. She is honored to be in the GOOD 100, 2013, named as one of 100 people pushing the world forward.
She is available for guest talks and workshops on a variety of topics including social innovation, design, creative entrepreneurs, and social entrepreneurship. Email her at email@example.com for collaborations, workshops, or guest speaking.
Tippy also currently teaches Social Political Design & Professional Practice for Designers at Loyola University as an Adjunct Professor.
New Orleans LA