- Mallory participated in her first craft show in 2004. After nearly 10 years of doing the craft fair hustle, she wrote a book about it called How To Make Money At Craft Shows.
- Mallory taught herself enough about SEO and social media marketing to land a job at one of the top agencies in New Orleans, with no formal experience. Now she teaches artists what she knows.
- Mallory won 3rd place in Etsy’s nationwide Upcycling Contest in 2007 for an outfit she made using FEMA blue tarp.
- As part of Noisician Coalition, she’s had the pleasure and privilege to perform at Voodoo Experience and march with the Krewe of Muses and the Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus during Mardi Gras.
- In 2014, Mallory graduated from the New Orleans Drag Workshop. You can occasionally find her performing around New Orleans as her alter ego, Glamdromeda Strange.
- Mallory is also a member of the Bast Alpha Garrison of the 501st Legion, an international fan-based organization dedicated to the construction and wearing of screen-accurate Star Wars costumes.
Mallory Whitfield has been blogging at MissMalaprop.com since 2006. Throughout her journey as a creative entrepreneur, Mallory has worn many hats, including blogger, visual artist, upcycled clothing creator, performance artist, jewelry designer, craft show vendor, creative strategist, speaker, teacher and consultant to other artists and creative small business owners. By day, she specializes in SEO, social media, and content marketing as Content Analyst at FSC Interactive, a top digital marketing agency in New Orleans. In 2016, she was honored to be included in the 19th class of Gambit’s 40 Under 40, which salutes the brightest innovators, artists and professionals in New Orleans.
New Orleans, LA