We don’t take it lightly, that we live in a time that’s more than a little bit scary. We have to stay engaged; we have to stay informed; and we have to continue to resist. But even in these troubling times, we decided that one valuable form of resistance is consistently spreading joy.
We do this with:
Offer opportunities to spread love
across the United States
Support small, local businesses first
Embrace diversity at every level
Encourage personal analysis
Promote grassroots creativity
Build a business that always puts the customer first
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Hey there! My name is Justin Shiels and I’ve always been compelled by the power of words and pictures. I started my first digital magazine in the 5th grade on AOL and have been obsessed with the power of connecting people online and off ever since. I studied Graphic Design because I saw the power in making my ideas real. I got my Masters in Arts Administration because I wanted to connect my passions of creative culture with business.
Since graduating from college, I have had my hands in a variety of projects, including:
- Running a design and marketing company called This Creative Lab. I’m currently available for hire.
- Founding a now defunct digital magazine about the city of New Orleans called INVADE.
- Formerly serving as the Content Coordinator and co-Founder of VenturePOP, a creative entrepreneur conference.
- Posting almost daily on my personal Instagram account.
- Speaking and hosting a variety of conferences and events across the United States.
I like turning notes on napkins into big ideas and I’m proud of the beautiful thing that Curious Tribe is becoming.
Find your HAPPY place.
Join the tribe and get good news delivered to your email every single week.